Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad (BMD), formerly known as Malaysia Derivatives Exchange Berhad (MDEX), is a 75% owned subsidiary of Bursa Malaysia Berhad which provides, operates and maintains a futures and options exchange. BMD operates the most liquid and successful crude palm oil futures (FCPO) contract in the world.
It operates under the supervision of the Securities Commission and is governed by the Capital Market and Services Act 2007. BMD also falls under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance of Malaysia, thus offering investors the security of trading on a regulated Exchange with infrastructure and regulations comparable to that of established markets worldwide.
On September 17, 2009, Bursa Malaysia Berhad entered into a strategic partnership with Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) with the view to improve accessibility to its derivatives offerings globally. This includes licensing of the settlement prices of the FCPO to position Malaysia as the global price benchmark for the commodity as well as global distribution of Bursa Malaysia's products through the Globex electronic trading platform. CME now holds 25% of the equity stake in Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad, while the remaining 75% interest is held by Bursa Malaysia Berhad.
For more information on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives, do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.