Listed below are Issuers that have announced their books closing date for SPEEDS corporate exercise (as at 18/7/2019)
|Counter||Type (Ratio)||Announcement of |
Books Closing Date (BCD)
|Paramount Corporation Berhad||Bonus Issue |
|Xinghe Holdings Berhad||Share Consolidation |
In relation to the Share Consolidation by Xinghe Holdings Berhad (XINGHE) as a SPEEDS Corporate Exercise, Bursa Malaysia Depository Sdn Bhd will commence the crediting of the consolidated XINGHE shares on the evening of the BCD which is 7/8/2019. XINGHE shareholders may use the following basis to estimate the maximum number of XINGHE shares that they may sell from Ex-date until BCD periods where the XINGHE shares are traded under the newly adjusted units.
|Counter||Ex-date until BCD||Basis to estimate maximum number of shares that shareholders may sell during the period from Ex-date until BCD||Trading of shares after BCD|
|Xinghe Holdings Berhad||6/8/2019 – 7/8/2019||Number of shares held / 8 (all fractional shares computed should be disregarded).||Based on the number of shareholdings in their account(s) from 7/8/2019 onwards.|
* Investors are advised to check the announcements made by the Issuer in relation to the above SPEEDS corporate exercise.
What is SPEEDS?
SPEEDS is an initiative introduced by by Bursa Malaysia Depository Sdn Bhd to enhance the efficiency of some corporate exercises. SPEEDS initiative will enable the Issuer to have a shorter timeline for selected corporate exercises namely:
- Sub-division/Shares SplitShares Consolidation
- Bonus Issues
- Capital Restructuring
- Processing of Provisional Letter of Allotment / Provisional Letter of Offer (Provisional Allotment of Rights)
The above corporate exercise must be on a stand-alone basis or inter-conditional between the above corporate exercises.
Under SPEEDS, the listed issuer, shareholders and investors will enjoy the following benefits:
- Provides greater efficiency with the capability to shorten the corporate exercise timelines and to have the listing date based on Book Closing Date (BCD) + 1.
- Provides greater efficiency with the capability to shorten the rights issue timelines and to enable the trading of Rights based on Book Closing Date (BCD) + 1.
- Provides certainty to the market whereby shareholders or investors know for certain the listing of the securities on the Stock Exchange.
- Reduces risks associated with the suspension of shares that are undergoing corporate exercises.
- Encompasses best market practices that bring us on par with other jurisdictions.
Rights Issue Timeline under SPEEDS